01 June 2005

tour de hard drive

I don't feel like doing real work, so I'm exploring my music collection with iTunes. I'm testing the theory that there is at least one decent song on every CD so I'm going through music I don't listen to and flagging the decent songs. Some of them are good except for a stupid intro, so I skip around each song to check. If it does have a stupid intro I can chop it off with sound editing software. I'm an impatient person, I don't want to sit around for 30 seconds - or even a full minute in some cases - for the melody to start. One song lost almost two minutes.

I'm getting better with iTunes. I started by only flagging the truly great songs I have, but now I have another level for songs I like but aren't one the same level as the other songs. I need the flagging to help me find my way around my music, it's pretty easy to get lost.

It's also interesting seeing the different versions of songs I've collected. I have seven different versions of Flaming June by BT, and at least three versions of Finished Symphony by Hybrid.

No comments: