I spent most of the day at my cousin's high school graduation open house. She is going to MSU, and I wish her well with that. I got to talk with the extended family about Oregon. Most of them have at least a general idea about my program, but me getting a summer TA position is new. I did attempt to explain my program once but only did a halfassed job of it. I always have to explain my program because it is so unique. I wish I had a brochure or something I could hand out. Another cousin was warning my parents that I would come back from Oregon with a goatee and a ponytail, but I told her that I am not the 'do as the Romans do' type. I got to ride back in the Solstice, which was fun. I watched All The President's Men with my family, I liked it.
I reinstalled Generals on Freeman and it runs about as well as it did on my old computer. I had some fun playing with that but now I am moving on to the final performance test, Half-Life 2. I didn't get around to installing it until now because it spans 5 CDs. We'll see how it runs. Freeman is certainly holding up as a replacement for Riemann Mk. II. The laptop is pretty anchored to my desk right now though - I've got my own mouse, better speakers and now the external hard drive. It's basically a docking station.
Only about 3 weeks until I leave for Oregon - time to start getting things together. I'm pretty nervous about everything but it will all be worth it.
Monday is my birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment