03 June 2005
a pirate's life for me
My new laptop has a wireless network card, so I started playing around with it. I soon found an unprotected network that is kinda weak, but fast - way faster than dialup. I don't know whose it is, but I like having the fast internet. I'm currently using it to get all my Windows updates. I don't know how secure or stable this connection is. It's fun to play with though.
1 comment:
I did that for awhile when we first moved here because they told us it would take 10 days before they could install our DSL and dialup sucked big time. There are about 5 networks in my neighborhood that are unsecured. Silly people.
Now we have Cable though and I put in a router, encrypted the whole thing and am using my own secure wireless network. :D Much better and the signal is stronger, of course.
Post a Comment