19 June 2005

"holy crap, this guy's OCS material!"

I'm reading some news stories about military recruiting, which reminds me of my own story. A couple summers ago (pre-Iraq) the Marines kept calling my house, so one day when I was bored I talked to them. They said they wanted me to come down to their office and listen to their spiel. I had nothing else going on, so I agreed. When I got there they had me take some kind of computer-based aptitude test just to make sure I wasn't an idiot. Now, people that know me know that I test well. Their test also wasn't exactly high-level. So I finished their test in about a third of the time allowed and got 98 out of 99 on it. The recruiters were very happy about this, saying I was a good candidate for their Officer Candidates School and such. They got so excited they started talking like you'd stereotypically think Marines do - I was amused. I sat around listening to their spiel some more and at the end I was like nah, I'm going to college and getting a good job instead. It was fun.

No comments: