I'm watching some of the NBA finals game, and I'm remembering how much basketball sucks to watch. Basketball is an OK game at heart, but then layer on all kinds of bullshit rules, the inane commentators and the constant barrage of advertising and it becomes awful. I like basketball plain and simple. For example, in NBA Street for PS2 there is one rule: shot clock. And you can turn it off if you want. In real life the players are always trying to get fouled, and the stupid rules help them by making it a foul to block in a certain way or otherwise be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's even worse at the end of the game when the strategy of the defense becomes to foul as quickly as possible. Then the commentators ramble on about something incredibly stupid while the TV network crams beer ads between free throws, and the whole experience gets to be unbearably ridiculous. So I am going to cheer on the Pistons, but in a way that involves me not watching more than the last few minutes of the fourth quarter because any more and I start throwing a fit about how stupid the game is.
And yet, basketball is still more fun to watch than baseball. Football is about the only sport I can tolerate watching. I gave up on watching the game so I am getting Windows XP installed on Riemann. I think I'm going to get Riemann to a good state of installed-ness, do another Sudoku puzzle and go to bed.
The picture I posted earlier today is of a Pontiac Solstice, a little roadster that is still in development. A few are in GM's captive fleet, and my dad got loaned one for the weekend by one of his work buddies.
No comments:
Post a Comment