07 June 2005

adapt or die

I'm already starting to get low free space on Freeman even with its 80GB hard drive, so I've been looking into getting some kind of adaptor for my 120GB internal hard drive on Riemann. I knew there was some kind of cable available, but I've also found that you can get actual enclosures for the drive so it's protected and looks nicer. Newegg.com has a whole section devoted to these devices, so I am getting a good feel for what is available. I'm happy enough with my new laptop that I'm probably going to sell off my desktop after I pull its main hard drive.

I took care of a lot of errands today and also did nice things like doing the dishes and mowing the lawn, so I'm just kicking back now. I played SimCity 4 today, with a little Ace Combat 4 on the side to mix things up. I'm pretty good with SimCity now, so I was designing weird cities to see how they'd work. One was in the crater of a volcano, another was split up into five tiny islands. It's fun to take the odd geography and adapt to it. I tried to build a village in the ruins of a metropolis but that didn't go so well.

Epilogue: I bought a hard drive enclosure for $37. It's coming super-slow because I didn't spring for pricey shipping, but I don't need it right away. Not a bad price for 120 extra gigs though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all you do. It is much appreciated.