09 June 2005

another quiet day

Not much going on today either...I went through all the archives of the webcomic Ctrl-Alt-Del, I finished beating Ace Combat 4 for the 10th time, I did a Sudoku that was pretty hard, I got some stuff in the mail. My hard drive enclosure shipped and it should be here for my birthday. I think I'm going to start working on Riemann tonight so I can sell it, but I'm going to go chill in the hot tub first. The first Pistons-Spurs game is tonight too, so I'll probably support the Pistons and watch part of that.

It was hot and humid out today, but we have the A/C on. I wish we had a solar power system so we could run it with impunity, and I could laugh at the sun and be like 'The harder you beat down on this house, the more power you give us for air conditioning!' Or something like that. While I'm wishing, I wish I had a Prius. Maybe someday.

I've had the laptop for about a week now. It's going so well I haven't turned on my desktop in days. I was a little skeptical of the widescreen format, but I pulled a quick 180 on that one. I can fit more columns of data into programs like Excel and iTunes, and AIM doesn't get as much in the way anymore because I can push it further to the right. Overall I am very pleased. Between rebates, the garage sale and selling my desktop I will probably make back 2/3 of the cost of the machine, so it didn't hurt my wallet too much in the end.

No comments: