Just got back from meeting with Dr. Warren about my Professional Science Master's program. I feel a lot better now. I had been telling the other grads I came here for the PSM, and they just looked at me funny. It is a two year program after all, so I don't have to worry about trying to get everything done in one year. I think I even have summers off (though I still need to make money, and TA'ing in the summer is as good a way as any to get it). I'm glad I got this taken care of now because Dr. Warren is going away for five weeks on Friday.
My program does not have any graduates from it yet. Dr. Warren was hoping to have two by now. One guy was called up to Iraq...twice. The other was hit by a car and he's still recuperating. Hopefully I have better karma than them. With those guys out for now, Dr. Warren says there are going to be all of three Applied Physics PSMs in the program. I'm one of them. A second is one of the guys I met during the open house last spring, he seemed pretty cool but he is not here yet. The third is a second year physics grad who defected from the Ph.D. program. She's got some core physics classes done already, but still needs to start the business core. That sounds like the full roster for the Applied Physics track. There are three other PSM tracks at Oregon State though, and those people will be taking the same business core we take, so there will be others in the same boat.
2 comments:
Is there a chance for interning during the summer? Is interning a structured part of the program?
I have cures for curses. It involves giving cats tinned mice and letting them sleep on your bed.
Post a Comment