18 August 2005

generator

Today's physics recitations went much better than yesterday's. I used more of my natural teaching style today. Fewer people showed up today, which is a little discouraging, but at least the few people that show up probably want to be there. Small groups are easier to work with anyway. I collected their first homework problem today but I haven't looked through the stack of papers yet.

The math thing I worked out yesterday is used in the actual process of RSA encryption and decryption. Now I'm working on my RSA key generator, which is a mess. After I first coded it, I found there was some kind of nasty bug that made the keys not work. I replaced a chunk of code and checked my prime number generator, but the problem is still there (maybe even worse). If I can work out this bug it would be a good coding day.

I ran across an article today about a company that uses Stirling engines with solar collectors. That's pretty smart. So this morning I was looking at solar power stuff and coding RSA stuff, instead of preparing for my recitations.

No comments: