Well, I am done for the week. Tuesday's recitations went badly but Wednesday and Thursday were pretty good. The students have a midterm tomorrow, so I spent an extra 45 minutes or so after my last recitation to go over more material. I didn't mind, especially since nobody showed up to my 5:00 Wednesday recitation so I went home early.
I finished reading The Far Side of the World. It was alright for the most part but it suffers from the same problems as Master and Commander, the worst being a horribly anticlimatic ending. Another letdown. At least I only paid $3.00 for this book. Now I want to go back and watch the movie again because I thought it was done well. It took the good bits from the two books and threw out the bad stuff (like the endings).
I am hunting around for a good computer desk and chair now. Staples and OfficeMax don't really have anything good. IKEA looks like they have a good desk, but I can't afford IKEA. And nobody has a good computer chair for a sane price. I don't care how comfy it is, I'm not paying $300 for a damn chair. Guess it's time to make the rounds of the local thrift stores again.
I won at Hearts again today. The funniest part is that I can't shoot the moon. Everybody else does, but then half the time they get in each other's way and completely botch it. I'm getting better at strategy and screwing up other people's shooting, which is fun.
I got the latest issue of WIRED today. Apparently one of the contenders for this year's DARPA unmanned vehicle race is a joint MSU / UCSD team. I think Oregon State also has a vehicle. We'll see if any of them can get very far past the start line (unlike last year).
1 comment:
man, it's been a while since I've heard about DARPA. when's the next trial?
Post a Comment