18 August 2005

93 is not prime

I found the bug. It did not involve a 216-digit number. Part of my problem was some of my inputs. For example, I typed in 93 as a prime without thinking. There were also problems with actual primes though. I had Mathematica double check some of my program's numbers, and I found a disagreement in certain cases. I figured my program might be blowing out variables again and made everything an unsigned long long. I was right - everything works great now. My RSA keygen program can be very slow though, if anyone knows of a good algorithm for e * d = 1 mod phi, solve for d, let me know.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. The way I was doing it was horribly inefficient. My keygen is fast now and works most of the time, but I think I'm blowing out variables again. I am not going any further until I find a better data type.

I also remembered, I get paid tomorrow! About damn time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice Pi reference in there. at least you won't have any crazy jews hunting you down.