I read through my new issue of WIRED today. Not too much in it, except I saw an ad for an Audigy 2 for notebooks. One of my regrets in moving to a laptop was giving up my Audigy. The card is $100, which isn't too bad as computer components go, but I'm trying to be fiscally responsible so I think I'll have to put it off for Christmas or something. I still have my Monsoon speakers though.
I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark last night. That movie still rocks. I found out that at the beginning of the movie the South American that Indy goes into the cave with ("Throw me the whip!" "Throw me the idol!") is Alfred Molina, aka Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2. Who knew? For some reason, getting the futon has made me movie-crazy. Tonight I have an urge to watch Office Space. Well, I guess it's about time I started getting into my expansive - yet never watched - DVD collection. If only I could afford Band of Brothers.
I did not go out exploring today. I made a big trip to the grocery store and that was enough for me. I am still not up for cooking much so I got a frozen pizza for dinner, but I'm going to cook decent meals again this week.
I had a lot of fun playing more Generals today. I mostly used aircraft. I tried experimenting with Stealth Fighters, but they just don't get the job done (it takes four or five to blow up something one Aurora Bomber can take out). I ended up adding some Raptors to my usual contingent of Aurora Bombers. They can take out dozers and AA units better than the Auroras. (I tried playing as Air Force General, but I hate the standard U.S. base defenses. I have to have those Laser General turrets.) I might play a different game soon though. I've been reading my 'wonder weapons' book. I'm up to the use of iron to counteract the dominance of chariots. All this ancient tech makes me want to play Age of Empires II or Empire Earth.
This is the last week of the PH 211 class I TA, so I should have plenty of time to get out later this week. Hopefully I'm also getting paid. I should find out what class I'm TA'ing for the last summer session too.
2 comments:
Oooo I Love 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'...great movie choice. Nice Futon...Dee-Dee
"I found out that at the beginning of the movie the South American that Indy goes into the cave with ("Throw me the whip!" "Throw me the idol!") is Alfred Molina, aka Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2. Who knew?"
I knew.
Post a Comment