22 October 2005

time issues

Undergrad midterm was this week. I spent almost six hours grading exams tonight...and it may take up to nine more hours.

I would say that I've been very busy but that is rather an understatement. I'm reaching the point where my productive output is not based on how hard I work, but on the number of hours in a day. I am worried that in the near future I will literally not have enough time to complete all the tasks before me. Today I went in really early and barely scraped out my E&M homework minutes before it was due. And I can't just cop out and dump one or two tasks - everything is important.

I am finally getting over my cold. I think it was prolonged because of all the stuff to do and my not being able to just sleep in. My weekend is completely blown already - perhaps even overbooked - but I'm sleeping in tomorrow, damn it. I've earned it.

The biodiesel stuff is a go - perhaps too much of a go. Basically any spare moment I have will belong to some form of biodiesel project task. Quantum makes me feel really smart on the homework and really dumb in class - I've been doing well on homeworks, and then I come to class and utterly bomb in-class worksheets. The midterm sounds like it will be on stuff I can handle though.

I could elaborate on some of the other stuff I've been up to this week but it's already quarter to 2 and I need sleep.

No comments: