Well, I survived my first week of grad school. I think I can handle the conceptual stuff in quantum mechanics, but the math is going to kick my ass. The heavy math stuff won't start until next week though. I'm probably going to be more comfortable with E&M. My seminars and communcations class seem ok, and badminton is a fun class but I have to get used to these so-called 'rules'. I'd like to play some Wallyball but I don't know if Corvallis has the facilities.
Last night a bunch of the PSM majors got together at a local pizza place. It was good times. The other two Applied Physics students and I get along really well, and the people from the other tracks seem like good people too. I think there will be more PSM get-togethers in the future because everyone was mad that people in their own department never go out and do things.
It started raining yesterday. More rain today. And for the rest of the 10-day forecast. I suspect Oregon's rainy season has begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment