23 October 2005

college nonlife

I really want to play The Sims 2 right now. There is a University expansion pack about college life, and a Nightlife expansion pack where you can drive cars and your Sim can be a DJ. Plus, I always love building Sim houses - it's the architect in me. It looks like so many different ways to entertain me. Unfortunately, the game and its expansions account for a good chunk of cash, which I don't have. I also have no time to play the game right now. I guess I'll have to wait for Christmas or something.

I could also go for some noise-canceling headphones. My idiot neighbor is at it again, and it's just generally noisy in my part of town. Another item for the Christmas list I guess.

So yeah, I'm supposed to be writing a paper right now. It's coming along...slowly. I'll get it done, but I'm becoming a nocturnal creature and Monday morning quantum is going to hurt. Tomorrow is a double dose of quantum, too.

The Hard Lessons concert is a little over two weeks away. I was getting concerned about my ability to pull it off, but now that my cold is cleared up I have a lot more energy, and I found out the Hard Lessons are playing early so I can bail afterward and get home before 4 AM. In any case, all three Hard Lessons concerts I was not sure about going to, and all three turned out to be incredibly awesome. The Hard Lessons helped me get through grading exams on Saturday - "Gasoline" is on my iPod.

My last LiveStrong band broke. I have a whole new box coming though. It should be here tomorrow, but it might take a couple days to catch the UPS man like it did for Jim's Top Gear DVDs.

No comments: