I emailed a PSM person last night and got some very good news this morning. I don't have to take the comps - the comprehensive exams. No oral exam either. That stuff is just for Ph.D students to have nightmares about. The biggest thing I have to worry about - besides surviving grad school in general - is my internship and future employment. I have done a little bit of basic research into renewable energy companies. I pulled up a list of exhibitors in the 2005 World Solar Congress and I recognized a couple companies just at a glance. The 2006 conference is a must if I decide to keep pursuing solar power.
U-M started up today, so I am pretty much the only person still on summer break. Kind of a bummer. The different time zone throws things off too. In a couple of days I'm coming home for a whole week though.
I think my Go playing is getting better. I can beat the stupid computer on a 19x19 board now. I went back to the 9x9 board and found that there wasn't nearly enough room. I guess I've been literally growing as a Go player.
No comments:
Post a Comment