05 September 2005

incorporated

I watched The Corporation. I thought it was fairly well done. As for the actual content, I agree with some of their ideas but not all of them.

I tinkered with my RSA demo program a little bit, but the stuff I would like to add involve stuff I've forgotten how to do and would generally be a pain.

Overall I had a slow weekend. I am very excited to go home next weekend, but I still have things to do here before I leave. I wanted to take care of some stuff today, but I forgot it was Labor Day so nothing productive could get done. I did get a small fire safe today though, which makes me feel a lot better about keeping important documents out here. Fortunately, banks and stuff are open again tomorrow so I can start attacking my list of things to do again. My virtual Post-It notes are slowly obstructing more and more of my desktop.

I have usually kept Freeman docked at the desk over the past few weeks, but I have recently been taking advantage of the fact that it's a laptop to do computer stuff on the futon. I like my futon.

I haven't gotten out and about too much recently. It would be nice to go out to the coast again, but I am trying to put off filling up the car if at all possible. I am going up to Portland in a few days anyway (though my exact plans are not yet determined - another important thing to take care of). I will be home in Michigan all next week, but again my plans are not yet determined. I do know that I want to get up to MSU and over to U-M at some point.

I played a bit of Counter-Strike: Source over the past couple of days, and I regained some skill, but frankly I am tired of video games right now. I am more interested in becoming a better Go player than in becoming a better CS:S player.

I want to get a bike so I can explore Corvallis without wasting gasoline, but I don't know where to find a decent bike (for a sane price). One more item on my list of things I haven't gotten around to getting yet.

No comments: