26 November 2005

turkey break

Somehow I made it to Thanksgiving break. Unfortunately, my brain seems to have mistaken it for winter break and has wandered off somewhere. I know there are things I should probably be working on, but I have spent the past few days playing The Sims 2, watching entire series of Top Gear and generally spacing out. I've also been reading a book about Alfred Loomis, but the middle section reads entirely too much like my very good book on radar.

I didn't go anywhere for Thanksgiving. At least it has been quiet around here. There's only one other car in my parking lot, and I haven't heard my idiot neighbor in a few days.

I gave my biodiesel presentation for my PSM seminar on Wednesday. It was marred by the fact that I was only borderline coherent and I was the third of three presentations on very similar material. On the feedback forms someone said if I had such similar material I should have gone first. Brilliant. You don't have do be a physics major to know we can't all go first.

I tried signing up for winter term classes today, but fully half of them I could not get into for various reasons. Outstanding.

A day or two ago I finally got a packet from the American Solar Energy Society. I've been so busy running around doing other crap I'd almost forgotten that I want to go into solar power. I wish something I did in school would relate to that. I'm going to have to put together my program of study this week so Dr. Warren can check it out. I have to put together what the PSM people want me to do, what the physics department wants me to do, and what I want to do.

No comments: