So I'm starting to want a new game to play. I went to Gamespot and looked up the review of Generals: Zero Hour, and clicked on "Similar Games". You want to know what it told me? First, it suggested Generals and the Generals + Zero Hour Deluxe Edition. You know, Generals + Zero Hour is pretty similar to Generals and Zero Hour. Idiots. Gamespot also suggested SimGolf - because building a golf course is so much like fighting international terrorism - and an obscure imported 2002 RTS called Hooligans, which is all about being soccer hooligans. The tagline of that game is apparently "The only thing to fear, is running out of beer." And if you think the box speaks for itself, try the scoreboard. Wow. I feel dumber just for knowing about this game.
Such h8.
Anyway, on to games I might actually play. I read Gamespot's 2005 awards and Psychonauts won like half of them. Then again, Gamespot tried to make me play Hooligans. I do remember Gobeski going on about Psychonauts though, so I might check it out. Empire Earth II might be interesting, but there is apparently an expansion pack coming out in about a month and damned if I'm going to buy that game now. There's also Civilization IV, but I'm not really into turn-based games.
I'll probably end up playing a game I brought back from home though - Sub Command. I never really got a chance to play it when we got it, but I did get a fair way through its predecessor 688(I) and I liked that, I even did some of my own TMA.
Of course, this is all assuming I'll have time to play games, which I don't. I manage to squeak in a round of video games here and there though just to stay sane.
2 comments:
You did see the port of cs_militia, right? Beauty. And have you tried Darwinia yet? Valve seems to like it.
Who needs games to procrastinate? "Most grad students are stuck working on big problems they don't really like, and grad school is thus synonymous with procrastination." (from http://www.paulgraham.com/procrastination.html)
Post a Comment