04 January 2006

it's the last major festival dance-wise of 1999

Spaghettios have never tasted as good to me as they do now. I have been subsisting on token airplane foods all day. I think my proper lunchtime occured when I was in the air. I fully intended to get a good meal for lunch/dinner in Las Vegas, but their food court was closed! Then I was going to get a good meal in Portland waiting for the shuttle bus, but the plane out of Vegas was over an hour late, so I barely caught the shuttle. Which takes another two hours to get to Corvallis. So now I am eating whatever is left in my cupboards, which is all my canned foods.

I killed time on the planes today by rereading The Cardinal of the Kremlin. It's not Tom Clancy's finest, but it passed the time. Several parts of the book just seem like The Hunt for Red October Part II instead of a new book. I finished the book just as I got on the shuttle, but I had a loaded iPod in reserve.

I went to Fischer's New Year LAN earlier this week. It's been a while since I've been to one of those. I did good in fy_iceworld, my specialty, but not much of that was played. I did like the new mod SourceForts, but it isn't quite polished enough yet. We also played some of Fischer's "Red" mod, which I was awful at because I'd never played it before.

I've also been working my way through Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I have a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, so I'm a happy guy. If I could get a Lamborghini Gallardo I would be set. Freeman doesn't run that game nearly as well as Jim's computer does, which is sad. However my biggest problem was Freeman's keyboard, which has been taking a beating from computer games. So I went out and bought a $10 USB keyboard, and it's definitely much better for gaming. I also have a new USB hub that is much better than the one I had before. I think a wireless keyboard would be even nicer, but I haven't seen any I like yet.

Anyway, travelling sucks, I'm back in Oregon, and I'm going to get some rest.

No comments: