26 May 2005

optimizing ion stream phasing

I am rereading Atlas Shrugged. I have already gone through seven chapters today and I intend to finish the rest of Part I before I go to bed.

I got another email from Oregon State, this time from the department secretary. It was addressed to this year's new grad students. There are five of us. It's me, two other guys I met at the open house and two others I don't know yet. I was kinda hoping for more. The two guys I've met are probably the two I would have picked to go to school with after going to the open house. At least one of them is also doing the PSM with me. I guess the guy from the open house that had the Schrodinger equation tattooed on his ankle picked somewhere else.

It was nice outside today. I did most of my reading on the deck. I did play a little Gran Turismo 4 today, but only to screw around and buy two more Priuses.

No comments: