21 June 2008

don't let me go falling from the sky

I can't tell yet if the mystery powder did anything for the Malibu's slow coolant leak. I did go buy it another present - new wiper blades, which I found I needed after trying to wash the latest layer of filth off the windshield. I went out to a NAPA store and went past a big Corvette club outing at the car dealership across the street.

I went to go check some other dealerships, as I'd located a manual '93 Firebird Formula after another thorough scouring of the internet. The listing seemed kind of sketch to me but I figured it would be good to look at it anyway. I didn't find it on the lot it was listed at, and while driving around I found it on a subsidiary lot for used cars. The Firebird turned out to be an auto instead of a manual as listed, so that was a dealbreaker. The dealer also wanted a lot more than I'm willing to dump on this endeavor, and additionally mentioned some undefined 'damage' that had ostensibly been repaired. Unfortunately I kind of dropped by on a whim so I didn't have much of a plan, so in an effort to play my cards close to my chest the salesman probably thought I was an idiot. I did get TO'd to another guy before managing to get out, but it wasn't too bad. Still back to square one on the stick though.

No comments: