11 March 2008

the walls suffocate

I've overslept my alarm the past two days. Fortunately nobody at work notices if I am ten minutes late. However, the time has come to resolve this annoyance. The problem is not that I forgot to set my alarm clock forward, but that it has picked preciously this time to have the snooze malfunction. This may be due to a low battery, but since I can't be sure I need to set an emergency backup clock. The emergency backup clock is atomic, or rather 'atomic'. One would imagine using an 'atomic' clock would be simple:

Step 1 - IT SETS ITSELF.

Unfortunately the reality is more annoying. My 'atomic' clock had apparently most recently decided daylight savings does not exist, and since "it sets itself" I have no manual override to set it ahead one hour. Instead, I have to remove the batteries and put them back in to trigger the autoset. This autoset receives information via radio waves, and as I've covered in previous rants EM waves are unable to penetrate Lake Oswego. In the meantime it thinks it is midnight on January 1st. I have been successful in the past by putting it in the window, but tonight I have it fully outside and it receives absolutely nothing.

1 comment:

Kittenz said...

Dougal says he could help get you up in the mornings. Trouble is he can't always tell time and he may think it's 6:00 but it's really 2:00 . . . .