Ever have one of those days where you haven't thought about something for months and then it comes up several times independently in one day? I've had that feeling twice today - about space elevators and the tale of Prometheus. Very odd.
Incidentally I was also reading about Atlas, who was Prometheus' brother, and in fact it was not the Earth he was punished to hold up.
I beat Ace Combat 6 for the fourth time this morning (after getting it upon release on Wednesday) so I'm taking a break - hoping one of my friends will get a copy as well so I can try some of the online features. Instead of Xbox this evening I have been watching new episodes of QI on YouTube.
Lots of car stuff. First and foremost, I saw an Enzo on the road yesterday! That is by far the rarest car I've seen here, with only 400 made.
The Nissan GT-R has been making a lot of news lately. It was just officially shown off recently at the Tokyo auto show. It's already been to the Ring, where it posted a lap time of 7:38, which puts it above a Z06 or a 911 Turbo. The GT-R is apparently going to be the poster car for at least two new racing games, NFS ProStreet and Gran Turismo 5. The former I tried the demo for and found to be awful; the latter will be PS3 only.
GT5 is also going to have the Top Gear test track. That makes me almost want to buy it. Maybe with the current trends of PS3 price drops, the console will be $50 by the time the game comes out around Christmas next year.
Top Gear is back today after a week off so the BBC could televise snooker, and it looks to be an awesome episode. It isn't going to have one film that takes the whole episode like some of the latest shows have. Unfortunately the torrent is crawling so I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment