Best Buy had a ridiculous sale on some different Norton software so I picked it up. Unlike Norton 360, it's what I actually expected from the beginning. Unfortunately, not all of the stupid little 360 plugins got uninstalled. I could occupy myself chasing them all down, or finally getting around to the reformat Freeman so badly needs, but instead I have decided to get a new notebook hard drive with twice the storage space, which isn't even going to cost me $120 because I went to Newegg.
I have also been picking which parts I want in the new computer, and it's kind of amazing how useless Best Buy is in this endeavor. It's not just that their prices are way higher - they don't even have some of the upper tier tech I'm after. They didn't have the 160GB Western Digital notebook hard drive, for example. Fortunately Newegg is a good source and will even store the list of parts for later. So I can see all the parts come to about $1600. I'm going to wait a few paychecks. In the meantime I should be able to occupy myself with Freeman's HDD transplant.
No comments:
Post a Comment