More car stuff. I tried looking around at what else is available. The outgoing Grand Prix actually sounded kind of tempting. It's been in production for a while so I'm sure they've gotten it to a point where they've got it all worked out. It has front wheel drive instead of rear, but that isn't critical. The real dealbreaker is the transmission - you can only get a four-speed automatic, it's not one of the lucky few that have GM's new six-speed auto. Same story with the Impala. I like the looks of the previous generation Impala but the new one doesn't impress me too much. I figured I would give it a look anyway and the stats looked pretty decent. It even comes with Active Fuel Management, but apparently that only makes a 5-7% difference in fuel economy.
So I am kind of back where I started. I am backing off from things like the Camaro and the G8. I really don't need that much power and the cars will be too big anyway, and I don't feel like waiting and waiting either. Especially since it's never a good thing to get the first run of something. I am starting to favor the G6 again. I went over to a Pontiac dealer and harassed them about it but I only drove the base model, whereas I'm all for speccing it up all the way (sans some of the body kit stuff, and I wonder if there's any way I can get it without XM.) I might go back to the dealer to really scope out a GTP model and run through the available options, but then they'd really be on my case and I'm still not set to buy anything just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment