07 April 2007

everything looks perfect from far away

Well, that's it. I am in Lake Oswego and getting settled. My new apartment is pretty huge and is only a 10 minute non-highway drive from where I'll be doing my internship.

I got my DSL up and running yesterday after some confusion - Qwest actually turned my DSL on first thing in the morning, but botched the programming, so I thought they hadn't turned it on at all. After some slightly irate phone calls after 5 one guy was helpful enough to get the DSL people on the line and fix it.

I am still getting used to the area. If I didn't have my GPS I would probably die of starvation because I still don't know where most of the stores are. That thing has earned its keep several times over during the move. At least there are stores here.

No comments: