13 May 2006

we promised the world we'd tame it

My iPod went completely insane just now, and only my 1337 skills brought it back from the brink. This of course requires another ponderous overnight 18GB data transfer. I'm getting slightly concerned about the long term prospects of this particular piece of hardware.

I got my last tax refund this week so I decided to spend some of it. I've already established that Corvallis, Albany, and Salem have little commercial value, so on Friday I pushed even further north to the outlet stores at Woodburn. This turned out to be a bust. The only store that had anything decent was the Levi's/Dockers store, and they didn't have anything in my size. This outlet store was simply where 40W/30L pants went to die.

Woodburn wasn't the end of my trip though. Another 12 miles further north lies one of the Wonders of the Modern World: a Fry's Electronics.

I'd never been in one of these before. Let me just say that no other store in recent memory has made me go weak in the knees. They have everything from popcorn makers to solar panels - real ones, not just science kits. Fry's has entire aisles of headphones, so I was able to pick up a pair of inexpensive folding headphones with an awesome response range. They even have Crush, so I picked up a couple bottles. Now I'll never be fully satisfied with Best Buy. Unfortunately Fry's is over an hour away and I don't have enough money to warrant frequent trips, but it's still good to know that somewhere in this state is a store that doesn't suck.

Tomorrow I have lots of work to do for business class, but if the weather's nice again I might try and get on the roof of Weniger and take some pictures of campus. It doesn't look too hard.

No comments: